This is one of the most common STDs as far as the US is concerned- the lack of obvious symptoms make the spread rate much higher and therefore many people are affected.
Almost three-quarters of the women suffering from Chlamydia do not show any symptoms- neither do half of the men suffering from this bacterial infection.
How to know if you have Chlamydia? Even though the symptoms are vague and not at all obvious, the following symptoms can be seen in men and women respectively,
Signs of Chlamydia in Men
- The tip of the penis may have the charge that is white in color or just clear liquid.
- There may be inflammation involved with pain and redness around the testicular region.
- There shall be a pain while passing urine and this is not usually associated with blood in the urine.
- There may be an itching sensation or a burning sensation at the penile opening.
Signs of Chlamydia in Women
- Women may suffer from a smelly discharge from the vagina that is not usually seen.
- They may experience pain during sexual activity.
- Irregular menstruation-there shall be abnormal bleeding that is not a part of the regular menstrual cycle.
- In case of pelvic inflammatory disease, the patient experiences pain In the abdomen and fever.
- Burning or itching sensation experienced in the vaginal area.
- Women also experience pain while passing urine.
Treatment Of Chlamydia
- The treatment of this disease as done by the doctors is by prescribing oral antibiotics such as doxycycline or azithromycin.
- If the infection is the patient may have to be in the hospital where they are treated using intravenous medication.
- Follow up required after three months confirm that infection has been cleared from the body.
Is chlamydia dangerous? If left untreated it can lead to the problematic Pelvic Inflammatory Disease that can lead to infertility and even death.
Home Remedies For Chlamydia
There are a few inexpensive and applicable home remedies that can be used in the treatment of chlamydia but it is not advisable to replace medical advice with home remedies.
A few of these home remedies for chlamydia are:
- Chewing on a few raw cloves of garlic throughout the day/ during meals.
- Boil a few crushed sage leaves in water and drink the tea.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, caffeine, et cetera.
- Consumption of red meat, canned food and butter is best avoided during a chlamydia infection.
- Consumer as many leafy green vegetables along with fiber-rich food such as whole grains.
- Fresh vegetables and fruits should be consumed in large quantities.
Thanks for Reading, Please Share this…