First Aid Box
The importance of having a perfectly curated and ready at hand first aid kit cannot ever be overstated. A First Aid Box is a necessity that is universal in nature- everyone, everywhere can need one in case of emergencies that can occur at any time.
On a day to day basis, you should at least make sure that a first aid kit is present at your residence, vehicle and at your workplace. It is not a bad idea to carry a mini first aid box around at all times either.
So, let us guide you towards making and using a proper first aid kit. To start with, let’s discuss the most essential things that every first aid kit must contain.
TOOLS should be in First Aid Box
- Bandages- of the following types:
- Elastic Wrap Bandage
- Strips of Bandages of various sizes; including the Butterfly type.
- Non-stick bandages that are sterilized.
- Gauze bandages of all sizes
- Crepe Rolled Bandage
- Triangular Bandage
- Adhesive Bandages (Band-Aid)
- Cotton- in the following types:
- Cotton Balls
- Cotton Swabs
- Sterile Disposable Gloves
- Eye Pads/ Patches
- Adhesive tapes, safety pins, duct tape and a pair of small scissors
- Small bulb suction instrument
- A manual or guide listing proper first aid practices.
- A list of emergency contact numbers and health details of patients including blood group and other important details (allergies, etc)
- A handy torchlight.
MEDICINES for First Aid Box
Miscellaneous but compulsory in First Aid Box-
- Antiseptic General Solution, Antiseptic Hand Sanitizing Solution, Eye Wash Solution and basic lubricant or petroleum jelly.
- Antibiotic ointment or gel.
- Pain Relievers: acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen
- Anti-allergy medication-
- Epi Pen or other self-injectors containing epinephrine
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Calamine Lotion for the sudden onset dry skin.
- Aloe Vera for mild burns
- Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) for diarrhea.
- Glucose- for emergency use especially if you have a diabetic patient at home.
Thanks for Visit, Come Again.