Poor lifestyle and unhealthy living habits are a major reason behind the acceleration in the number of diseases throughout the Word today. Diseases that are caused due to poor lifestyle habits are referred to as the lifestyle diseases.
Such diseases are usually accelerated by unhealthy ways of living life. Most of them result due to a sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits and lack of physical activities.
Poor lifestyle choices and inactivity lead to a number of severe lifestyle diseases like obesity, hair loss, skin problems, nails problems, asthma, hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases, back pain, high cholesterol and sometimes even terminal diseases like cancer.
The number of deaths associated with these diseases is on a hike higher than ever before. Although no man is immortal, such lifestyle diseases decimate the lives of people way before their time.
What is Obesity?
Nowadays, body fat has become an enormous as well as a fatal health problem. This problem is not only in America but in other countries also. However, in the United States of America, one out of three adults, and one out of five children and teenagers are facing the problem of obesity.
Most of the people since childhood fall prey to obesity in most of the of the worlds. This is that condition, where the amount of fat stored in the body, accumulates and increases at an extreme level.
Obesity is that condition where the individual starts weighing around more than 20 percent of the ideal weight. In the state of obesity, the body weight of the individual is always more in comparison to their height. Due to a number of health risks of body fat, it has been declared a disease.
It has been observed that obese persons usually fall prey to diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, arthritis, osteoarthritis, flat foot, respiratory problems, varicose veins, liver malfunction, etc.
Prevention of Obesity through Exercise and Diet Control
body fat can be prevented easily with the help of two types of preventive measures, i.e., exercise-related preventive measure and diet-related preventive measure. In fact, these two preventive measures are directly related to sports (exercises) and lifestyle management.
- Regular physical exercises- Regular physical exercises can do wonders in preventing obesity. These exercises or aerobic activities can be in various forms, such as jogging, running, cycling, dancing, etc.
- To play games and sports regularly- Playing games and sports regularly is also beneficial for preventing obesity. One must make it a regular habit for the whole lifespan.
- Weight Training exercises- About weight training exercise, it is said authentically that this exercise can do wonders in maintaining proper weight whether you are fat or thin.
- Resistance exercises- These exercises are not only safe and best for curing and preventing obesity but can also improve muscular strength and increase the strength of tendons, ligaments, and bones of children.
- Yogic exercises- Yogic exercises can help in preventing and curing obesity. Research has shown that stress and tension tend to increase body fat. Meditative yogic asanas/ exercises are very beneficial in relieving stress and tension. Therefore, yogic exercises can also prevent.
Some General Cure for Obesity
- Avoid fatty foods.
- Totally Avoid junk and fast foods.
- Avoid overeating.
- Do not eat frequently.
- Avoid rich carbohydrate food.
- Do not skip meals.
- Take low-calorie diets.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, and drugs.
- Balancing intake of calories and expenditure of calories.
The management of obesity consists mainly of dieting and physical exercises. Usually, diet programmes may help in weight loss over a short term, but maintenance of this weight is difficult. Weight is reduced by taking a low fat, low carbohydrate, low calorie, and very low-calorie diet.
When we do any work, our muscles use fat and glycogen. The most effective means of exercise such as walking, running, jogging, or any other aerobic exercises reduces body fat. Exercises should be performed at least daily, for sixty minutes.
The other means of managing obesity is medicines. There are taking anti-obesity medicines which are widely available in the market. Taking these medicines is riskier than beneficial. There are various side- effects of these medicines.
Thanks for reading articles. Please share and keep attention on this disease. 🙂