Winter has begun, and it will ruin to you from the several ways. If you will not proper care for yourself then you will get the more winter disease. Sometimes, your skin will be itching, and sometimes you will be suffered from cold sores. Hmm! But you will never try to escape from snow then surely winter diseases will attack you.
In this article, I’m going to tell you about what are the treatments for cold sores in winter, and how will we keep safe from snowing winter. Because your fun will never less in winter, and sure you will go outside for fun. The winter is the most expensive gifts given by nature to especially for couples.
What are Cold Sores?
it is quite common, which most of you might have experienced at some time or other in your life. These are the blisters that surround the mouth and even develop inside the nose.
it is painful, and invoke a tingling, burning, and itching sensation, which is quite irritating.Mouth infection, as their name suggests, mostly outbreak during or towards the end of the winters.
The culprit causing the problem of this disease are the two viruses; Herpes simplex virus type 1, and herpes simplex type 2. The former one has a more prominent role to play in this condition, whereas the latter, which also causes genital herpes disease, is less often found to be causing the winter disease.
When are you more likely to get this infection? These viruses tend to attack your body when you are at your low immunity level, most probably when you are undergoing a stressful situation. Your body’s defenses get weak, which is when the virus manages to invade your skin cells.
Treatments for cold sores
Although no absolutely effective cure is available yet for this winter disease, you can still soothe the affected skin and mitigate the symptoms of cold sores such as pain, to keep it from further distracting you.
These medicines also soften the scabs and minimize the itching and tingling of the affected skin so as to hasten the healing process.
You may feel like burning on your skin even before the blisters appear. This is called ‘prodrome’, indicating the imminent mouth infection. This is also the time to get your medicines for this infection.
if you do not use any medicine then you can try some home remedies- 7 Best Home Remedies For Cold Sore
1. Abreva Cream:
Abreva cream consists of Docosanol as the active ingredient. It penetrates deeply into your skin and eliminates the mouth infection problem in as little as 2 and half days. You just need to apply the cream as soon as you notice the early symptoms of this disease.
Docosanol blocks the multiplication process of Herpes simplex virus and effectively knocks the problem out even before it takes a worse form. It also subsides symptoms such as itching, pain, burning, and tingling.
Avoid using it inside your mouth for canker sores, or shingles and genital herpes.
2. Acyclovir (Acivirtab and cream from Cipla)
Acyclovir is a widely used antiviral medication used to treat infections of virus-borne diseases such as chickenpox and genital herpes.
It doesn’t actually cure but reduces the intensity of outbreak and makes the healing faster. It also prevents cold sores from erupting again by targeting the growth process of viruses, which usually persist between outbreaks.
3. Famciclovir (Famtrex tab from Cipla)
Famciclovir is another antiviral drug that decreases itching and pain and facilitates the faster healing of blisters. Famciclovir also prevents the infection from spreading to other parts of the body, especially in those people who have a weak immune system.
Famcimac from Macleods, Famirax from Synmedic Laboratories, and Virovir from FDC (Vista) are some of the other Indian drugs that contain Famciclovir.
4. Valacyclovir (Valcivir tab from Cipla)
Valacyclovir is the most effective antiviral drug of all the oral medications mentioned above. Valacyclovir gets absorbed easily and efficiently in the digestive tract and hence the higher effectiveness. It treats chickenpox, shingles, and of course the cold sores. Valacyclovir is more useful for individuals who face frequent outbreaks of mouth infection.
Valacyclovir stops the growth of Herpes simplex virus in order to deal with its infection efficiently.
Valamac from Macleods and Valacivir from Cipla are some other medicines having Valacyclovir as the active ingredient.
5. Medicines containing menthol and phenol
Go for medications that contain phenol, which is a numbing agent, and menthol, which softens the formation of the hard skin on the mouth infection and also reduces cracking.
6. Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen
Both these drugs minimize the pain associated with this infection and provide instant relief.
7. Creams with zinc oxide
If you need to go out in the sun and are bothered about your blisters, you can use a cream that contains zinc oxide on your lips. Alternatively, you can also use a lip balm with sunblock. Apply moisturizers to keep your lips from getting dry.
What more can you do to get rid faster?
- When you have this type of infection outbreak on your body, avoid eating spicy and acidic foods.
- Compress your affected skin with ice wrapped in a damp cloth. This minimizes the redness of the sores and prevents their crusting, which helps your body to heal them faster.
Using ice compression right when the first symptoms appear to prevent the full-blown form of cold sores and to get rid of them faster.
- Garlic possesses antiviral properties. Its consumption and application on the affected area is
- Use 3% Hydrogen peroxide on your blisters to alleviate stinging and to heal faster.
- Don’t let the cold sores get exposed to the sun and also try to reduce your stress level by staying relaxed.
Also, Check it: How to Keep Protect Skin in Winter?
Tips to prevent the infection
- This infection spread through contact, so avoid kissing someone who has a cold sore outbreak.
- Moreover, also avoid sharing your utensils such as drinking glasses, and personal grooming tools such as a razor.
- If you had gone through infection outbreak earlier, replace your toothbrush as it can still have the presence of herpes simplex virus. Using the same toothbrush makes it more likely for you to get again.
- Also, replace your toothpaste.
- It’s also the time to replace your lip balm or lipstick to lower the risk of infection.
- Avoid touching your genitals after touching the sores. This can cause the infection to spread and you may develop genital herpes as well.
- Also, don’t rub your eyes after having touched your infection. This may expose your eyes to ocular herpes infection. Ocular herpes, if left untreated, can even cause blindness.
If you really want to be safe this winter then you should follow this article. I have mentioned all of the prevention and treatment of cold sores. With this, you can be safe from the cold snow and you can fun in winter.
Thanks for coming…